Our book week best dressed winners! Great to see all our wonderful educators & children attending dressing up as their favourite book week characters all week! Some of our rooms even had some great theme days including including Harry Potter & minions! Soo much fun! 👍😊Read More
We wanted to say a big thank you those of you for taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback via the recent Family Feedback survey we sent out.
We are still working through and reflecting on some of the feedback in relation to how we might improve as a service however there are a few practices we can implement now that will hopefully support better communication around daily routine information and our curriculum / individual child planning.
Our Service Philosophy;
We noticed a consistency in the responses regarding what you and your children valued most about Early Childhood Education and Care highlighting; care, compassion, love, kindness, nurturing relationships, relationships with educators and peer friendships, happiness, fun, inclusiveness and safety. We will be highlighting these values in our updated service philosophy shortly and will send through via Story Park for your feedback.
Sharing of Daily Routine Information;
We will be working with the teams in implementing the following strategies;
- Sharing a brief moment of the child’s day at pick up
- The Joeys, Koala and Emu rooms will now have daily routine sheets that will include information about meal and rest times.
- Each room will post their daily routine information on story park each day.
- Where possible each room will also display the daily information near the entrance for families to read at pick up (please understand these will be available after afternoon tea to ensure they can be completed.
- Just a reminder that the menu is always displayed in the main entrance foyer
- We have also now displayed it in the yoga hut for the kinder side.
- You may have already noticed that we will also be posting the weekly menu on Story Park at the beginning of each week.
Documentation and learning
- Each room will be sharing their curriculum plans with families (these will need to be viewed on a desk computer or laptop like the individual child plans)
- We have asked each room to ensure their children’s individual plans have been shared with the family (attached is the guidance on ‘How to Access the Plans’)
- We are currently reflecting on the possibility of implementing a day where we offer 10 minute parent teacher like phone meetings for families to book in who wish to know more about their child’s learning and development.
Opportunities for families to provide feedback
- We will continue to use survey monkey and email as your preferred method for providing feedback regarding service decisions and improvement.
Quality & Compliance
Erina KindergartenRead More