We wanted to say a big thank you those of you for taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback via the recent Family Feedback survey we sent out.
We are still working through and reflecting on some of the feedback in relation to how we might improve as a service however there are a few practices we can implement now that will hopefully support better communication around daily routine information and our curriculum / individual child planning.
Our Service Philosophy;
We noticed a consistency in the responses regarding what you and your children valued most about Early Childhood Education and Care highlighting; care, compassion, love, kindness, nurturing relationships, relationships with educators and peer friendships, happiness, fun, inclusiveness and safety. We will be highlighting these values in our updated service philosophy shortly and will send through via Story Park for your feedback.
Sharing of Daily Routine Information;
We will be working with the teams in implementing the following strategies;
- Sharing a brief moment of the child’s day at pick up
- The Joeys, Koala and Emu rooms will now have daily routine sheets that will include information about meal and rest times.
- Each room will post their daily routine information on story park each day.
- Where possible each room will also display the daily information near the entrance for families to read at pick up (please understand these will be available after afternoon tea to ensure they can be completed.
- Just a reminder that the menu is always displayed in the main entrance foyer
- We have also now displayed it in the yoga hut for the kinder side.
- You may have already noticed that we will also be posting the weekly menu on Story Park at the beginning of each week.
Documentation and learning
- Each room will be sharing their curriculum plans with families (these will need to be viewed on a desk computer or laptop like the individual child plans)
- We have asked each room to ensure their children’s individual plans have been shared with the family (attached is the guidance on ‘How to Access the Plans’)
- We are currently reflecting on the possibility of implementing a day where we offer 10 minute parent teacher like phone meetings for families to book in who wish to know more about their child’s learning and development.
Opportunities for families to provide feedback
- We will continue to use survey monkey and email as your preferred method for providing feedback regarding service decisions and improvement.
Quality & Compliance
Erina KindergartenRead More
As part of our growing sustainability initiatives we have introduced native stingless bees to our garden at #Erina #kindergarten! These bees are easy and very safe to keep on our premises. Stingless bees only produce small amounts of honey – less than one litre per year. However, this honey (known as Sugarbag) is delicious and tangy! Stingless bees can be excellent pollinators & we are excited to see the benefit to our gardens at #Erina kindergarten!Read More
Don’t forget to vote for your favourite room @ Erina Kindy! We also would like to thank our supporting local family businesses & thank families with businesses who have provided assistance with prizes for the winning room & team leaders at Erina Kindergarten! We would like to thank #Hoi An #Vietnamese #restaurant, #transitional #health and #fitness, #higher #grounds #Kincumber & #Ellis Jewellers manufacturing terrigal for providing prizes to the team that wins best room for daily setup!
We encourage families to nominate their room if they feel they would like to! Please email email@example.com to nominate a room for best room setup!
Transitional Health & Fitness
Hoi An Vietnamese Restaurant
Ellis Jewellers & Manufacturers
Higher Grounds Kincumber
Our new purpose built bird sanctuary is ready for the new members of the Erina Kindergarten family bruiser & Ella! The new bird sanctuary will be located in between the gumnuts yard & the bush babies yard! Please come & say hello to us we can talk & are very friendly!! We love to cuddle!!!Read More
We have also just upgraded individual yards for our beautiful snugglepots & Gumnuts. Our young boys & girls are loving the new soccer goals & new premium turf and enjoying the new play areas complete with beautiful mud kitchens, tee pees and natural play equipment!Read More