a note from our approved provider
We are really please to advise that we have had no community transmitted Covid-19 cases on the Central Coast since December 2020 which is very promising. We are hoping that this will continue moving forward and we are currently reviewing our current restrictions in terms of welcoming our families/carers back into our individual rooms on pick up only.
As we are a large service of 202 children a day, we will need to carefully review practices and implement strict policies and procedures in place in order to ensure the safety of our Erina kindergarten community as a whole. We are in the process of updating and developing these in conjunction with our consultants and NSW health. We will be looking at implementing these changes with applicable restrictions subject to no transmissions of Covid-19 within the next couple of months.
We have had some feedback from some families wishing to recommence families/carers reentering the rooms and we would like to extend an invitation in the interim to all our families/carers to book in a time with Kelly M at front office via email at email@example.com to meet and greet in our teams in each of the respective rooms. We look forward to meeting with our families/carers and showing you our beautiful rooms. We thank our families for their continued support during covid-19.
• Tool time for the children – This month we purchased some real tools for the children to use during supervised play on the preschool side. We have carried out a risk assessment for this and these will only be provided when an educator is present at the experience and role modelling the correct way to use these.
• Each fortnight our policies are updated you will see on our noticeboard that this is our partnerships with family sign. If you have any input or feedback to policies please let us know. We were emailing our families these each week but we had family feedback that this was too much so we reflected upon this and we have been displaying in the foyer what we are reviewing each week and you are more than welcome to provide feedback via firstname.lastname@example.org. Our policies are all uploaded to our website after they are reviewed.
SCHOOL LEAVERS AFTERNOON TEA
On Monday the 29th March at 3.30pm we are inviting our graduating preschoolers from last year 2020 to come back to Erina Kindy for a special grazing platter afternoon tea, to mingle with their old friends and to share their school experiences with their old educators.
This month most of our educators have participated in fire extinguisher training and Fire Warden training with Wormald.
Some of educators have completed their Yoga and mindfulness certificate course with Kathryn, if you need any mindful tips please see an educator and they will be implementing this with the children at Erina Kindy
The Babies room is completing safe sleeping SIDS webinar this month.
Family community support / health support services available
Central Coast Family Support Services – 4340 1585
Child Family ,Health Erina – 4367 9600
Long Jetty – 4393 7777
Sara’s Place Gosford – 1300 851 592
SUSTAINABILITY TIPS OF THE MONTH
- Read story books about climate change
2. Let them accompany you to the grocery store- discuss eco friendly products
3. Discuss and practice recycling at home
4. Visit a sustainable farm
5. Spend more time in nature
6. Start a veggie garden
7. Talk about conserving water and practice like we do at kindy water on plants, environments
8. Start cycling more often
YOGA AND MINDFULNESS WITH KATHRYN
Are you a mamma-to-be? Mothers need a village of support – start building yours now and connect with yourself, your baby and other mammas. In this FREE Mamma-to-be Gathering, we will –
• Connect local mammas-to-be
• Create connection through sharing
• Provide mindful tips and tools to support the emotional rollercoaster of newborn life
• Provide insights and tools for supporting your physical and emotional well-being in your postpartum period
• Close with a restorative meditation
• Goody bag filled with some beautiful gifts from local business who are all here to support and nurture mammas
Saturday 6 March 11:45-1:15pm
@Luna Physiotherapy Empire Bay Road, Daleys Point
Did you become a mamma in 2020? Wow mamma, you had a baby in the middle of a pandemic! You saw border closures, mothers groups cancelled, visits reduced, isolation.
Are you feeling disconnected as a result of all this? Let’s change that. Let’s reconnect.
Join me and other mamma of 2020 for a tailor-made gathering encompassing all of the things you might feel you missed out on whilst on maternity leave last year. Held over 6 weeks Reconnect is a weekly one-hour gathering of like-minded mammas of 2020. I will also be inviting a series of industry experts to share their knowledge, practical tips and tools to guide us through different areas of the mammahood journey.
Dates: 6 weekly gatherings on Saturday’s starting 27 March – 10 May 2021 (no gathering on 3 April)
Timing: 8:30am – 9:30am (or coffee at 8am at the café next door)
Location: Luna Physiotherapy, Daley Point, Empire Drive, Central Coast NSW
• Clean up Australia Day 7th pick up some rubbish to help clean up our environments
• St Patrick’s Day on the 17th dress in all your green attire
• Red nose day 19th, wear red and paint your nose red
• Harmony Day 21st
• Earth hour 26th
• Itty Bitty Incursion 25th – for Babies and Snugglepots $5 will be added
to your account after the event.
If you don’t want your child to participate please email
Staff members of the month
At Erina Kindergarten we pride ourselves on having high quality Educators that have been apart of our team. We like to recognise Educators that have demonstrated excellence by awarding them with an Educator of the Month Award. This month our $25 vouchers go to:
Mr Keenan – for being a motivated educator and using his initiative in the Emu’s room and on the preschool side.
Miss PohWee – for having an amazing setups for Chinese New Year and educating the children on this celebration.
Have you liked us on Facebook?
We have found that facebook has been a fantastic and easy way to communicate with families about what is happening at Erina Kindergarten and what events are coming up. We would love and so much appreciate you to head over to our page and provide us with some feedback and a rating of our centre.
Events Planner 2020
Our Event Planner for 2020 is now live online. We will email you a copy or visit the planner by using the link. We look forward to seeing you at our many exciting events.