a note from our approved provider
We wish to advise that Miss Melissa our Director at Erina kindergarten is now on maternity leave for the next 6 months. We wish Miss Mel all the best and we cannot wait to meet her little bundle of joy very very soon! Miss Kelly Tomkins our Assistant Director will be stepping up as acting Director during Miss Melissa’s maternity leave period. Miss Kelly has an open door policy and looks forward to the lovely opportunities and challenges the next couple of months will bring. Please feel free to come and see Kelly and the rest of our management team with any comments or suggestions or concerns you may have. We look forward to continuing to assist where we can.
Families, can you please send through your child’s current immunisation statement from Medicare if we don’t have this on file as we need this in your child’s enrolment folder.
Please ensure your child’s immunisations are not up to date at all times, centrelink will cancel your CCS subsidy if they are not up to date.
• Miss Michelle will be joining us on the preschool side, please introduce yourself and say hi if you see her she comes to us with several years of experience in early childhood and having her own child.
• Miss Kerry will be joining us in the Gumnuts room working tues, wed, thurs, with Miss Kaitlyn the room leader, she comes to us with several years of experiences in early childhood from Sydney.
• Miss Sallianne has joined us in the kitchen in the bush babies room she comes to us with kitchen experience and having 2 children of her own she works Monday to Friday .
News from around kindy
We hope our Mums and nans and special people had a happy mother’s day, we thank them for attending our afternoon teas the other week, it was nice to see everyone back into our environments and have some tasty treats and a chat with our educators and other mums / families.
Our Meet and Greet afternoon conversations with our educators went well, we will be providing these during the year again for anyone that missed out, if you would like to have a conversation with your child’s room leader about anything please always email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will set up a time for them to call you at a convenient time.
• Staff Meeting 3rd May 2022
• Child Protection course update- various educators
• Educational Leader Intentional Curriculum training- in house
• Communication with families- in house training
• Last month we did our practice fire drills and lockdowns in case of an emergency, you may have noticed on your Xplor app a notification about your child being safe this is because we do a lockdown drill report to go with our procedures.
Policies reviewed this month
• Bike policy
• Relationships with children
• Physical activity promotion
• Family law and access policy
• Administration of medication policy- sent out to families – as children need to be on antibiotics for 24 hours before returning to care .
• Incident , injury, trauma and illness
If you have any feedback on these policies always provide feedback to email@example.com, you can also access these via our website. Any major changes that affect our families, we always send policy out or notify you of the changes. We used to send each policy out each time we reviewed but had feedback in parent survey this was to much, hence why we do it this way now for our families.
Gumnuts room udpate
The Gumnuts have been discussing at group times about using their kind hands with their friends and educators and learning about respecting our toys at kindy. They have been learning colours, and numbers and practicing counting. They have been exploring and investigating sea animals through reading stories, fact books and the creative arts. In regards to road safety they have been learning how to cross the road safely using a crossing and looking at different places to cross roads that are safe and using the lights if required. The gumnuts have been practicing this first hand when going to the vegetable gardens in our carpark and making their own crossing in their outdoor environment and engaging in singing songs about the steps to take to cross the road.
Emus room update
We have been focusing on the ocean project. We have learnt about sharks, seals, coral, whales, sea turtles and sea shells. We have been incorporating many small worlds, and experiences to learn about the ocean. We have also been focusing on incorporating and exploring the children’s cultural identities and we had Veroncia’s nan came in and did a small group about her nationality (India) discussion and dancing. We have been really working on the children learning self regulation techniques and strategies and safe play as we have identified some of our children need support with this during play an interactions with their peers.
• School Readiness night at kindy 630pm- 8th June please rsvp to firstname.lastname@example.org
• World Environment Day 6th
• EcoBug Incursion – Lady Bug Academy -wriggly worms Tues 7th June – $5 will be added to fees – for preschool side, bilbies and gumnuts – if you wish for your child not to attend pls let admin know via email at email@example.com
• Crazy hair week- 20th -24th
• Beanie week 27th -1st July supporting Mark Hughes Foundation -wear your beanie to kindy each day
Have you liked us on Facebook?
We have found that facebook has been a fantastic and easy way to communicate with families about what is happening at Erina Kindergarten and what events are coming up. We would love and so much appreciate you to head over to our page and provide us with some feedback and a rating of our centre.
Events Planner 2022
Our Event Planner for 2022 is now live online. We will email you a copy or visit the planner by using the link. We look forward to seeing you at our many exciting events.