a note from our approved provider
We would like to thank our wonderful families for their ongoing support during in this ongoing difficult covid environment.
We are regularly reviewing our policies and procedures as well as our covid plan and risk assessments for each area. If you are interested in viewing these please do not hesitate to contact Melissa or kelly or visit our website for more update date information.
We are pleased to advise that our development application and construction certificate has been approved for improvements and renovations to our wonderful service. We are looking to commence construction in the next couple of months and will keep our families and educators updated as matters progress. If you would like to see our proposed plans please do not hesitate to contact Melissa or Kelly and we can provide copies of approved plans.
Happy Father's Day
We wish all our families a Happy Father’s Day , unfortunately we cant hold our afternoon tea or usual interactive sporting events due to Covid 19 but we hope everyone has a fun filled day on Sunday the 6th Sept and like your present the children have been busily making in their rooms. Please do not hesitate to share your father’s day pictures with your rooms on storypark!
spring is here
Now is the time to get your gardening on and plant;
Beans, carrots, cucumber, lettuce, eggplants, potatoes & pumpkin. We have been busy picking our parsley, kale and snow peas for the children to taste and use in your kitchens at home. We planted these in the garden with the children and it has been such a rewarding experience for the children to be able to watch them grow and now be able to pick these.
Educators that have joined the team
• Miss Hope, Miss Emilee and Miss Chelsea are trainees completing their certificate three in early childhood with us.
• Miss Ashleigh has joined the Snuggles team she has replaced Miss Ash T that her baby. Miss Ash comes to us with a wealth or knowledge and experience from the early childhood field.
Goodbye and Good Luck
We sadly say goodbye to Miss Kiara on the 11th of Sept in the Emus, we thank her for her dedication and hard working personality and wish her all the very best with her new adventures.
Miss Milisa will be replacing Miss Kiara in the Emus room 5 days a week. Miss Milisa comes with a wealth of knowledge and experience as an ECT in childcare and is very much looking forward to joining our team
at Erina kindergarten.
Bringing Food to Kindy
Please check your child’s bag and refrain from letting your child bring any food into kindy from home as we have children and educators with allergies and which are anaphylactic.
Thank you, to our families in the babies’ room for an endless supply of paper and cardboard. We appreciate any odds and ends and recyclable materials and loose parts for play and for using with the children.
Stay fit and healthy, we have some free passes in the office donated by Impact Gym to give anyway to any families that may be interested during covid times.
Events in September
• National Literacy & Numeracy week 31st- 4th
• Educators Day 2nd Sept– we will be displaying a banner that our families can write thankful messages on to our educators and treating the educators on the day.
• Fathers Day – due to coronavirus we are unable to hold our father’s day afternoon tea but we have organised for our fathers to receive something special from kindy and the children have been making a special present.
• White Ribbon Day , wear white 11th (child protection week)
• Talk like a pirate day- 18 September dress up day & gifts vouchers for best dressed educator and child.
• Dress in your footy color’s and children and educators can have a game of footy 30th Sept
Staff members of the month
At Erina Kindergarten we pride ourselves on having high quality Educators that have been apart
of our team for many years.
We like to recognise Educators that have demonstrated excellence by awarding them with an Educator of
the Month Award.
This month our $25 vouchers go to;
Miss Tani for amazing room set ups for the Gumnuts children- very creative.
MissRie for being a reliable educator and for having positive & meaningful interactions with the children & families.
Have you liked us on Facebook?
We have found that facebook has been a fantastic and easy way to communicate with families about what is happening at Erina Kindergarten and what events are coming up. We would love and so much appreciate you to head over to our page and provide us with some feedback and a rating of our centre.
Events Planner 2019
Our Event Planner for 2018 is now live online. We will email you a copy or visit the planner by using the link. We look forward to seeing you at our many exciting events.