Dear Parents and Carers,
Thanks again, to all our families for all the wonderful feedback and understanding over the last few difficult weeks. We realise it’s a balancing act between ‘information overkill and maintaining robust communication, however It is important all families/carers find time to read the information we send to them. As a large community within the Central Coast community we understand the importance of providing our families/carers with ongoing support where we can. We urge families/carers to please contact our team with any questions or concerns, our caring and professional team are here to assist where we can.
Management again really recognise this can feel extremely overwhelming for you as parents/carers. The environment for all of us has changed significantly. Even more so, the swiftness of this change can feel exhausting and sometimes overwhelming. We understand that some families have lost their employment, others are uncertain about your future businesses income, others again are working on the ‘front line’, as essential workers providing critical support for the community in health, education and essential services, all while your own family has their own needs. You also may have elderly parents or friends you are concerned about, not to mention the health of you and your family. Please be assured we are walking the voyage with our families/carers and understand the massive bearing much of this is having on our beloved Central Coast community.
Management at Erina kindergarten take this opportunity to thank our amazing educators/staffs here at Erina kindergarten. Many have worries on the home front during the current environment – however, all have put that aside to really work closely and positively so we can deliver learning and care to the children here. We are so very proud to have such a wonderful caring team of professionals here at Erina kindergarten.
We are also trialling different online interactive platforms for children who are at home and are not attending care at this point in time. I am able to announce that we will continue be using story park as usual and zoom and this is being developed now. So please login to story park to see interactive sessions which will be active from today and for upcoming interactive sessions families can join in at home for each of our rooms.
We have decided the best & easiest platform where students, families and teachers might interact is ‘Zoom’.
We absolutely respect it will be necessary to develop strict protocols and expectations for Zoom so parents/carers, and the Centre feel this will be secure and supportive. We will be working on this behind the scenes.
We wish to stress that we are open for business as usual and being in the childcare industry we are heavily regulated and our standards of hygiene and safety are paramount for the children and educators/staffs and families that attend our Centre. Educators are highly skilled professionals and you are invaluable in supporting the health safety and wellbeing of children, families and the Central Coast community. I do understand that the information the government has been providing has at times been confusing and conflicting however we have been successfully implementing a number of above measures at Erina kindergarten which includes;
- Regularly take temperatures of all children and staffs on admission the service & throughout the day
- Opening up our indoor-outdoor spaces to enable greater distancing in children’s play – 10.25m per child
- Limit lengthy drop off & pick-ups by families/carers, parents are asked to only have one person enter the rooms to collect children
- Isolating areas/rooms and staffs within each area at Erina kindergarten
- We can embrace flexible meal times – allowing for less children at a table
- Create small interest areas – limiting the number of children in each space
- Diligently implementing our already existing health and hygiene policies and procedures and going above & beyond with our infection control.
- Ensuring staffs and children stay at home if unwell or who have any flu like symptoms or is suspected of being in contact with COVID-19 are directed stay home until a medical clearance is supplied.
- Progressive meal times eliminating group times and running progressive meal times are ways we can limit large numbers of children coming together in small spaces
- Ensuring all children and staffs wash and sanitise their hands at regular intervals throughout the day through regular handwashing schedules
- Keeping windows and doors open air flow and ventilation.
- Parents are requested not to bring in any cakes or food to share as we cater for all meals at Erina kindergarten.
Below we have added some resources that you might like to access while you are home with your children.
These resources can also be accessed on our website at www.erinakindergarten.com.au
If you have any other ideas that you could share with our Erina Kindergarten community we would love to hear about them, Please send them through to firstname.lastname@example.org
Activities you can do at home with your child
- These are some examples of the different activities suitable for a wide range of children’s ages. https://www.startingblocks.gov.au/at-home/activities-you-can-do-at-home-with-your-child/
- Learning experiences that support EYLF learning outcomes. https://education.nsw.gov.au/teaching-and-learning/curriculum/learning-from-home/teaching-and-learning-resources/early-childhood-resources
- Storypark have an entire library of free short videos to inspire you with open-ended, fun and educational activities you could do at home. We have science, art, mathematics, dramatic play, cooking…There really is something for everyone here! https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6xaPRn54v8A0SnI00XqxoBDSGRAtX9La
- The team at Storypark came up with a list of activities they enjoyed as children to give you some ideas to help you: https://blog.storypark.com/2020/03/activities-to-do-at-home-with-children/
- Healthy Kids provide some nutritious and tasty recipes, and many are quick and easy to prepare. https://www.healthykids.nsw.gov.au/recipes.aspx
- Go Noodle Good Energy at Home provides ways for kids and families to move and learn together. https://www.gonoodle.com/good-energy-at-home-kids-games-and-videos/
- Yoga and Mindfulness for children at home, these easy to follow videos guide children through age appropriate lessons keeping children active and healthy. https://www.cosmickids.com/category/watch/
The following link may be helpful for parents in discussing the current events
Kids help line- 1800 551 800 https://kidshelpline.com.au/
Beyond Blue- 1300 224 636 https://www.beyondblue.org.au/
Approved Provider, Erina kindergarten